Subject: [Leica] c - Summarit
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Jun 2 06:02:56 2008

Vick,

I bought mine with my IIIf and it virtually lives there. It is good at f1.5
it
shoots well with modern films including my much used BW400CN and HP5 etc. At
f16
  I like it, too. It may have what some perople call an "old fashioned"
look,
but really I think that it is a very good (cheap) and fast lens that is
usable
if in good condition (which mine is).

Is it better than a Summicron? It's heavier, but faster and mine predates
the
Summicron by about five years - if I believe Leica's date!

Peter Dzwig

PS If you look at most of the early stuff in my gallery you will find a wide
range of pictures much of which was shot with the Summarit