Subject: [Leica] Leica M8
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Tue Jun 3 03:22:42 2008

Sanjay

You can also rent one from Rich Pinto in New York.

My advice - if you buy one, get one with a warranty.

If you are worried about the money, you will always worry about the
money.  If you are like me, that part won't go away.

I dithered for a long time on buying my M8.  Even for a year of owning
an RD1.  I bought the RD1 because it was cheap ($1500 approx) and at
that price, I got into digital M shooting.  Then finally an M8 with Rich
Pinto, just before the 2008 price increases.   I still dither about
selling it and getting back into pure film.

But for grab shots, like at my son's soccer practise, it is wonderful.
I can fire off a gazillion shots and cull out the keepers, with the
illusion that it is cheaper.

But I could also have done the same with a Nikon D300, but I'd have to
buy a few Nikon lenses.  But it wouldn't be "Leica".

So - as a constant "buy and try" person who worries about money, I
sympathize.

Best of luck on your decision.

Vick