Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pileated Woodpecker
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 5 17:26:38 2008

Alastair Firkin <afirkin@afirkin.com> wrote:

> Doug, I am surprised by the quality of the colour at 800 iso, or is this a
> -1
> stop at 400. I like the angles of the critter and its tree: gives a sense
> of
> the movement you were "struggling" with. A very dynamic portrait.

Thanks for your comments, Alastair.  This is ISO 800 plus my usual -1 stop
push, so it's effectively ISO 1600.  The noise in the darker plumage is a
bit more than I'd like but as a tradeoff between that and motion blur I'll
take the noise.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com