Subject: [Leica] Now for sale
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jun 9 10:23:37 2008

Alastair,

This photo book project is one of a kind in the world, simply because the
LUG crew did it! No international corporation, no magazine or photo group of
any kind did what we did. And that makes this an extra special project
because we show what the first 5 years of the new millennium looked like
from almost every conceivable angle and situation.

No camera manufacturer or major photo company, but just a bunch of ordinary
everyday folks because of their love of photography. And yes, because all
involved used Leica cameras. Too bad Leica Inc. missed the whole point of
that on what could be an international advertising coup basis!

Given we, the complete crew all used some form of Leica camera and Leica
have such an incredible page layout within the first 15 pages it's
unimaginable they could be so stupid not to jump in and run hard with this
as their greatest promotion piece since the advent of the M camera.

It's an international photography book project I'm very proud to be part of
with so many wonderful and highly talented photographers from around the
world.

It will become known as the first iconic photo book of the 2000 millennium
as soon as the right photo people in the world see it. I imagine photo
magazines will do stories about how it was shot and by whom. And why!

If the first few pages are any indication of what the rest of the pages look
like I can hardly wait for it to arrive. Once again Alastair a job well
done!

Good on you lad!

ted