Subject: [Leica] M8 and the WAR
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Jun 13 21:12:29 2008

>Well you're not supposed to call those close up filters filters.
>You're supposed to call thems something else.
>I forgot what.
>Dioptors maybe.
>

>mark@rabinergroup.com
>Mark William Rabiner

Well, Mark, those type of screw in things whose main purpose is to
restrict the spectral bandwidth are first of all filters, especially
since the secondary function, namely the focus correction, is in aid
of the first function. In any case, I haven't seen such a 'filter'
from Rollei personally, but I can well imagine that they produced
something like this. On the one hand it's simple, elegant and
foolproof, but on the other hand it will mess things up even more if
you don't use the 'approved' IR emulsion. Very Rollei.

 From cool, if not downright cold Vancouver in Junuary (we almost
reached the 'average' temperature today, for only the second time
this month). Let a bit of that Eastern heat filter through to the
West...