Subject: [Leica] Safe and out of the flood area
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 22:34:38 2008

Just a quick note to everyone.  It seems we chose the right time to take our
vacation and leave Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  The flood is at 34 feet as of today
and they are expecting it to go even higher by Sunday.  Fortunately our
house is not in the affected area at this time.  Also our house is on top of
a hill and pretty safe so far.  We have had contact with our neighbors and
all is right at this time.  Unfortunately for the center an southern part of
the city, all is not well, and is currently under 10 to 30 feet of water,
depending on where they are.  The library is a total loss as none of the
books and materials were able to be saved.  All of downtown is under water,
and both hospitals are flooded and have been evacuated.  They are telling us
it is the worst flood on record for the entire state.

Gene

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Safe and out of the flood area)
Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] Safe and out of the flood area)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Safe and out of the flood area)