Subject: [Leica] PAW#24 and [IMG] ITA-ROM
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Jun 16 05:25:20 2008

http://mogool.com/ITA-ROM/ (color)
http://mogool.com/PAW2008/?pic=24  (PAW#24, b&w)

Week 24 was under the sign of the EURO2008 actually happening here and
elsewhere. Went to Italy-Romania with my kids, last friday. The leaflet
given with the tickets said clearly "No photographing allowed", but since
the 2006 World Cup in Germany I knew they look for pro gear only, aka DSLR
and long (tele) lenses. So I twisted the LCD of my R-D1s off, put a 21mm
Skopar on, but at the entrance they grabbed the camera and wanted to know if
the lens is exchangeable. I said no, which was the right answer. I had a
hard time to imagine what would have happened if these guys confiscated my
so easily disadjustable camera...

Anyway my intention was not to make sport photographs but more from the
atmosphere around the game.

Didier

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] PAW#24 and [IMG] ITA-ROM)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] PAW#24 and [IMG] ITA-ROM)