Subject: [Leica] How IR filters affect M8 B&W
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Jun 17 08:18:53 2008

On Jun 16, 2008, at 11:20 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

> Steve Barbour wanted to see an A/B comparison of an M8 shot with and
> without an IR filter.
>
> My newly-acquired VC 35/1.2 arrived today (yeah, I bought one).
> While I was checking it out, I took the same wide-open shot without
> an IR filter (left) and with the filter (right).  Tungsten lighting,
> three 40w bulbs above my bathroom mirror.
>
> http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/IRNofiltVsFilt.jpg

thanks Peter... impressive, astonishing to me...in terms of magitude,
thank you for getting this result...

one scientist to another, I must ask...

Did you repeat each several times?  Tripod ?  (just to be certain...)

:-)

the result seems marked to me; more astonishing is that with all the
mish-mosh of talk,

the only way to know is to do the test...

btw that new 35/1.2 makes you look 20 years younger (and that's a fact),

Steve