Subject: [Leica] How IR filters affect M8 B&W
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Jun 17 08:46:40 2008

Peter's test shows us what this lens will do wide open, hand held, by
Peter, at a 360th of a second, with and without a filter.

Locking the camera down on a solid tripod, stopping down to where the
IR wave lengths will also be in focus "may" very well provide a
different result. All of us with M8's could spend time testing our
various lenses, with and without filters, at various apertures,
focused on various subjects, with various amounts of IR present.

When discussing sharpness and contrast camera movement and subject
movement must be absolutely removed from the equation (as much as is
humanly possible).

Peter's test, while interesting and informative, certainly did not
reduce camera and subject movement to anywhere near zero.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com
www.imagist.com