Subject: [Leica] "Budget" full frame Nikon SLR
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Thu Jun 19 21:20:26 2008

For reasons that are not entirely clear to me the Nikon prime lens line has
shrunk considerably over the past few years. They have not had a 1.4 wide
angle for several years. I'm also surprised that Nikon does not have  a
pro-quality 70-200/4.0 VR lens in its line up. The 70-200/2.8 is really too
big to comfortably hand hold, IME. I know with a digital camera the speed
can be cranked up to compensate for slower lenses, but IMO, a camera
directed at pros really should offer a better selection of high speed
primes.