Subject: [Leica] KBCamera?
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Fri Jun 20 22:11:58 2008

I bought my R8, R9, 28-90 Asph, 70-180 APO, Metz flash, recharger,
Motor Drive etc. etc from him a very fair prices and excellent
service.  Drove to Bellingham WA and met him before the investment
(don't get me wrong - it was an insurance settlement for theft which
bough all that Lecia kit...).

He was a shooter himself (both R and M and Canon digital).  An
absolutely amazing inventory of really nice used Leica M an R stuff, a
lot of it "as new'.  Including the Sultan of Brunei 18ct gold
presentation M lens which I held in my hot little hands.  Damn right,
it was heavy.  And all the Leica APO glass you could ever want.

On the matter of being no longer in business; there's a story here
that I know a bit about.  It's a sad tale and a bit of a shame.

To paraphrase Maroln Brando's line in "On The Waterfront", "...he
coulda been a contender ..."

I'm not comfortable expanding on this further.  And I really miss
going to that amazing little 2nd floor shop literally bursting with
new and used Leicas, Rollies, Hassy's, etc.

Things change.

Bob