Subject: [Leica] Long time, no ocean!
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Tue Jun 24 13:46:49 2008

As Phil said, I've been checking up on the archives once a day or so.
Without the time to read everything, I feel I shouldn't be throwing in my
two cents worth, although I admit that a couple of times in the last six
months I've made some individual replies off-list.

I was about to jump in on the Neopan 1600/Xtol thread because in 3 years of
using it, I still haven't developed a regimen that works really well for me,
even though I've tried several, including Mark's and Eric Merrill's. I think
I'm zeroing in on it though, and currently my recipe is:

Xtol 1:3 at 70* for 14.5 minutes -
30s. initial agitation, then 4 inversions at 60s. for the first three one
minute intervals (13, 12, 11 mins.) then 4 inversions at 90s for two
intervals (9.5, 7 mins) then 4 inversions at 2 minute intervals (5, 3 mins)
and a final 3 minute stand. Neopan 1600 seems to be more sensitive to
variations in agitation than any other film I've used.

Sorry, but I've only been using that recipe for the last three weeks and
although the initial scans look good, I haven't posted any yet as I have
only just now put together the May set:

http://tinyurl.com/5sa3pl
(yeah, I've been freeloading gallery space all this time)

Jim, thanks for missing us.

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Long time, no ocean!)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Long time, no ocean!)