Subject: [Leica] Nikon 5000 ED + VueScan
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Jun 28 15:43:06 2008

At 08:19 AM 6/27/2008, you wrote:
>I received the scanner (Nikon super Coolscan 5000 ED) + slide feeder
>from B&H.  I have many thousands of slides( mainly Kodachrome 25 and
>Fuji Provia 100) and thousands of negatives (Reala + black and white).
>Do I need Vuescan or something like that or is the Nikon software
>sufficient (in combination with PhotoShop)?  I didn't yet operate
>the scanner, because I need a bigger table.
>
>Mickey

The NIkon software is not bad and it's what I've been using with my
LS5000 until now.  I tried Vuescan and can't get the best results
without a lot of fiddling and I never know whether a different
setting would be better or not with Vuescan.  I've decided that I
only want to scan everything once and get the best results possible,
so after reading all of the reviews, I splurged for Silverfast.  I
have high hopes that it will solve all of my scanning problems but
will have to wait until fall to try it out. :-(  I've got a busy
summer ahead with no time for scanning.

Good luck!

Tina

Tina Manley