Subject: [Leica] color fringing in eyeglasses
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Jul 1 13:49:13 2008

At 12:26 PM 7/1/2008, Francis, Michael wrote:
 >I have had this problem with high refractive index lenses, I had to go
 >back to cheaper ticker lenses ( this was not a bifocal issue for me) I
 >had many off axis chromatic aberrations. (The worst were from Ziess.)

You would have done better to avoid off-brand
knock-offs like "Ziess" and to buy
honest-to-Ernst Abbe Zeiss eyeglasses.  Zeiss
eyeglasse lenses are made, incidentally, at the
former Zeiss Ikon plant in Stuttgart where the
Postwar Contax IIa and IIIa cameras were made.

My wife went over to Zeiss at my recommendation
seven or eight years back and has been most happy
with them.  I use whatever the VA hands
out:  they were Rodenstock lenses the last time I
got a pair, and they are perfectly satisfactory.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael) ([Leica] color fringing in eyeglasses)