Subject: [Leica] New Leica Website
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Jul 7 11:43:23 2008

Very impressive series, Eric. You captured a lot of interesting
personalities, and you captured them well. No need to add the brand name of
your camera in your post's subject line to make it more interesting!

Didier

ps: just a web-technical advice - you used all hi resolution images for your
website and then resized them with the html image size parameters. Or better
said, your program probably did. For instance a 3600 x 2880 pixel file
(10MB) is displayed as 560x448 - a picture with that effective size would
weight 50KB - 200KB, equal 0.5% to 2% of the hi res sample.

This is not useful in two meanings: it makes loading your website
significantly slower, and images resized by html look less good (because
they're not anti-aliased = more pixelated) than when correctly resized and
moderately unsharp masked, in a picture editing program (like photoshop,
lightroom, aperture, or many others).

I dont know your website tool (Trellix Site Builder), it might have an
internal picture resizing feature. Otherwise you may use one of the above
mentioned apps, or another. There are tons of free little programs doing
that, for instance (if you have a windows based computer),  "PIXresizer",
"Mihov Image Resizer", "Microsoft Image Resizer" (allows resizing with right
clicking on a picture).

Replies: Reply from eboehmjr at gmail.com (Eric Boehm, Jr) ([Leica] New Leica Website)
Reply from eboehmjr at gmail.com (Eric Boehm, Jr) ([Leica] New Leica Website)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] New Leica Website)