Subject: [Leica] blast from the past
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Jul 7 13:16:05 2008

I was going through some old storage boxes and ran across some negatives
from VN that I thought had been lost, though I still have the contact
sheets.  One set was taken when Nancy Sinatra was doing a USO tour in late
'66 and visited our post just outside of Saigon.  I managed to find my way
into where she was hanging out backstage and got a few pictures.  IIRC, the
camera would have been an M3 and 50mm Summicron: http://tinyurl.com/5uu3wu

They're nothing to shout about but I'm glad I found them anyway.  My
daughter will enjoy them I'm sure.  You can't tell from the photos but her
dress and boots were bright pink.  Nancy would been 26 at the time, same age
as I was.  Her wiki article mentions the USO tour in 66-7.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] blast from the past)