Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG Digest, Vol 37, Issue 158
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed Jul 9 14:49:57 2008

Sorry.  Here are corrected links and tinyurl links.  Hope this works better.

Our first stop on the trip was Craters of the Moon in southern Idaho.  If
you have never been, you should go.  Not mid summer as it could be very hot.
Settlers on the Oregon Trail detoured north or south of it.  We were there
from June 16 to June 20 and the weather was perfect, as were the
wildflowers.  Hard to imagine so many flowers in such a dry, volcanic place.
Some have 30 foot roots to find moisture.  View large if possible.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5111.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/6lzju4

There are many trails, some easy and some quite difficult.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5104.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/578zsx

flowers spring up wherever there is any accumulation of soil and water.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5086.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5ja42q

In a few areas of the park, lava had flowed around trees, and when the trees
burned and then rotted away, left casts of the trees in the lava.  Hard to
get a good shot.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5160.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5hwbp8

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5162.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5twwu2

You can hike up high and get spectacular views of the lava flows?
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5192.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5oyyfk

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5187.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5u3l8v

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5179.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5aee6h

Or you can go underground into lava tubes that sometimes contain ice all
year round while the sun beats down on the lava rock overhead.  Watch your
step and your head.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5208.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5h28q8

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5206.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5tk7lg

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5203.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/6q7n4x

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5196.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/5g48o9

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/Craters/Craters_of_the_Mo
on-5034.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/6jngt5

An amazing place.  Please add it to your list of places to see.
Comments welcome.
Aram

Checked by AVG.
6:50 AM