Subject: [Leica] RE: Another Door Closed to Photography
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sat Jul 12 11:33:51 2008

The allied professions of journalism and photojournalism took a major wrong
turn when our colleagues agreed to go onto battlefields contractually
"embedded" with invading forces. At that moment, we began to surrender our
rights as independent witnesses to history.

I now encounter lots of resistance to working as an unallied shooter at
events. Organizer/sponsors - call them what you will - now expect to have
total control of media coverage, paid by them and delivered exclusively to
their specifications

It's going to be very difficult to get back to the way things once were, at
least as a professional. The greatest freedom now is the privilege of the
amateur picture snapper with P&S digital or cell phone camera.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] RE: Another Door Closed to Photography)