Subject: [Leica] Re: IMG: more Hoppy casual portraits
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jul 13 04:03:55 2008

Thanks for looking and commenting Doug. The variations on the last were an
experiment. I did some skin softening in the second, but then greatly
reduced the opacity of that. Seen after the original, it does look weak.
Full size before reduction for here, the first is just scary sharp, more
than needed for this type of portrait, of course. The BW was a conversion
from the second, and looking again, I have to agree it lacks tonal interest.
I might try another version before abandoning that.
Mina's new friend has a wonderful colour and vitality to her face too.
Helped along by a gold reflector in some. Overdone a little, I think. I need
to practise more. I did play with a test shot including a mini-colour
checker for these. Marvellous for accurate white balance throughout.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/