Subject: [Leica] M8 Discounts
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jul 13 23:07:02 2008

Hi Neil,

Yes, the B&H price is indeed better than here, but if I were to buy
the M8 from them and have it shipped to Spain, then I would need to
add about 20% for the shipping, the customs duty (small, only 3-4%)
and Spanish VAT (16%, payable to the post office or UPS/DHL/Fedex on
delivery). So, using round numbers, if the B&H price is ?3500 with
shipping and I have to add 20%, then I am looking at ?4200, which is
exactly what the camera costs at the Dutch dealer I mentioned (and the
Dutch price already includes VAT, and since it is an intra-EU deal,
there is no customs duty). That is why I said that buying in the US is
good mostly when I or somebody else can "smuggle" the camera back to
Europe.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman