Subject: [Leica] IMG: NYC this weekend on 6x9
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Mon Jul 14 18:16:59 2008

I spent this last weekend up in NYC. I used my "new" (to me) Fuji G690BL
with 100mm and 65mm lenses to shoot the same things which I would using
the M4. Were the 65mm lens faster I would probably carry that one around
and leave the 100mm at home. It's all good though; still lighter than
my Bronica and quieter than my M4, as well as 1/10 the price of the
latter with negatives almost as big as the Leica itself. I really love
this camera system & hope to score a 180mm lens one of these days. This
camera really makes 6x9 way too easy.

Charity hot dog cook-off in Brooklyn on Saturday.
Chicago Style dogs. 65mm @ f/8 (center crop)
http://tinyurl.com/6yqjm8

Street work, Pearl and Fulton sts. 65mm @ f/11
http://tinyurl.com/6g59ex

Cafe near Brooklyn Bridge. 65mm @ f/11
http://tinyurl.com/6cna5q

Invading swarms of twisted sea creatures below the Brooklyn Bridge.
65mm @ f/11
http://tinyurl.com/57q9nc

Jay St. station. 65mm @ f/8, 1/2 second "from the hip."
http://tinyurl.com/6g9rss