Subject: [Leica] IMG: NYC this weekend on 6x9
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Tue Jul 15 02:11:39 2008

Street photography on a grand scale, but I have to ask why. 35mm would have
handled these images, and though the Fuji is clearly easy to use, and good
value, the negs are large, expensive and scanning must be harder/expensive.
Ok the Leica M4 is expensive and the Leica lenes are too, but there are a
heap of wonderful film 35mm cameras to choose from, which would handle these
situations. The graphic image might be different if you were looking for
large blow ups and finest detail, but I find Medium format on the street way
too short on DOF to really be consistently good.

I will watch the progress with interest. I like using the Rollei on the
street sometimes, but the lack of DOF does not make it the best choice of
camera.

Cheers

Alastair