Subject: [Leica] New Series
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue Jul 15 06:35:55 2008

Neil, you say you are  trying to create a certain type of look, but the look
is not apparent from the series, except the sepia.

I dunno, but I think you are shooting a little tight for my taste.

In six of the shots you lop off some heads, and in number two, the shot
would have been far more dramatic with the inclusion of the matador's feet.

Number four is out of focus, and doesn't add to the series imo.  Be ruthless
in your editing.

The best is number two, and seven, though he really needs a little head room
in the shot.

In number six the white rear end blocking our view of what I presume to be
the removal of an ear.  The mysterious hand in left frame pulls your eye
away from the action.

I think I would have shot everything a little looser giving me the option to
crop a little.

One other thing that would improve the shots would be to get lower in the
stadium so everything is not shot from above.  Lots more drama from a
straight-on view.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,