Subject: [Leica] Lightroom question
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue Jul 15 15:12:00 2008

2008-07-15-12:53:27 Wade Heninger:
> FWIW, we've tweaked the auto algorithms for LR 2.0 that is, ahem,
> coming soon.  The results are much more inline with what you want.

Oh, goody!

Any progress on a couple of my top wishlist items?

  - Multiple-monitor support (which I hear is expected in some form),
    but in particular the ability to display images on my one
    extra-fancy monitor with minimal to no other space taken up with
    frames or sidebars or menus or anything but the picture, and to
    stuff controls and overhead, probably including even the entire
    thumbnail-bar, on the other monitor.  And of course the two
    monitors' distinct profiles have to be handled perfectly.

  - Pull M8 lens-ID info for 6-bit-coded lenses out of wherever in the
    metadata the M8 stuffs it (apparently not where others like, say,
    Canon put it) and treat it identically to lens metadata from other
    cameras (so sorting subsetting and display and such work the same).

I'm totally drinking the Lightroom Kool-Aid these days -- Lightroom *is*
my workflow, for some very large percentage of all I do with photos
these days -- so I'm of course very interested in how LR development
proceeds.

Have I told anyone how much I like the way, when I do a big import or
export, it seems as if all eight cores of my lovely newish Mac Pro light
up, and then the job's just... done, almost disturbingly fast?

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Lightroom question)