Subject: [Leica] ISP Blockages
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Jul 16 08:06:58 2008

At 01:12 AM 7/16/2008, Brian Reid wrote:

 >> Apparently Comcast has blacklisted my ISP (Telefonica, Spain's
 >largest telecoms provider) or at least a range of its IP addresses.
 >
 >Comcast and Cox Cable both blacklisted the LUG last week.

Ah!  Then that explains why I received no LUG
traffic for several days.  It was worse when I
was with Cox, as I could not then access the LUG
website, the primary reason I had to shift the
Rollei List over another host.  But, then, Cox
for years blocked the Adobe website, making it
all but impossible to upgrade my Acrobat reader.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] OT: for Jim, Len and other Comcast subscribers: your ISP hates me :-()