Subject: [Leica] Summaron, Elmar & Cooke
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Jul 16 14:54:44 2008

Luis,

I agree with you about the Summaron on the IIIf; it's a very good
combination
and very "pocketable". I must say that I like the Elmar stopped down where
it is
claerly Leica glass, but by and large I prefer the 9cm CV Apo-Lanthar, which
think gives a preferable image with it. Glad to see that you use an English
lens
on the IIIf - you must be one of VERY few doing so these days.

To what extent do you think the greys in the Summaron shot are due to the
film
choice, though?

Noetheless these are excellent examples of what you can do with a fifty-five
year old camera ;-) Lovely shots.

Peter