Subject: [Leica] A Questionable Haze?
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Jul 17 22:06:52 2008

Hi Yama,

I'm not sure what the "haze" is but I have a couple of questions.

During development what is your agitation or inversion timing. Your
prints look a little too high contrast. There is no detail in the
dark hair.
Do you use a stop bath between development and fixing?
What film, what developer?
A 3 degree rise in temp seems high in a 9 minute period but except
for a slightly denser negative it shouldn't cause a problem. I would
only worry if you were developing color. What's the temperature in
your room?

I would use a 30 sec dip in a Photo-Flo solution and then hang the
film to dry. Don't use a squeegee. That can lead to emulsion
scratches with some films and also lead to spotting on the negatives
after they dry.

Len