Subject: [Leica] A Questionable Haze?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Jul 18 10:05:48 2008

Geoff,

>> (this is Fuji Neopan 400)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/Vic/MV4.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/2_001/B08.jpg.html<<

Nice images. Wonderful tonality. You're right about temperature. It can
really come back to bite you. It was never a problem for me when I lived
in a cooler climate. But since developing in a warmer climate I noticed
that it can get away from me if I'm not careful. I keep ice handy for
the waterbath, which I never had to do before. Even a material temp
difference between dev and stop or stop and fix can cause problems. Not
necessarily reticulation, but grain can get ugly. I once assumed that
grain wouldn't change because stop stops everything. That doesn't seem
to be the case.

DaveR