Subject: [Leica] RE. New Series
From: neilschneider2 at yahoo.es (Neil Schneider)
Date: Fri Jul 18 21:06:46 2008

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:29:21 +0200
From: "Luis Ripoll" <luisripoll@telefonica.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] New Series
To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>

Nathan,

I'm agree with you, but I think that in our days the prepration scenes
belong to the legends. As far as I know the toreros arrives to the "plaza"
already dressed on their hotel. Many years ago I was interested in
photograph such scenes, and I've phoned a very well known Company in
Barcelona who manages these kind of Roman Circus spectacles or maybe
ancestrals traditions from Creta and very old cultures on the Mediterranean
history, I don't now why Spain (and the South of France) are the only
Countries in Europe that continues these tradition...,well! when I've said
that I was not interested for the bullfight and that my interest was for the
same things you have mentionned..., they was not very polite and kind with
me, and I've forget this for ever. On the other hand, I recommmend to see
the Francisco Goya and Picasso dessigns about this subject, these are
beautiful.

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

Hola Luis...
I agree, the Goya drawings of la corrida are beautiful and if you or Nathan
are ever in Madrid, take the Metro, linea 4,
to estaci?n "Goya" where along the entire wall of the station on both sides
are copies of the entire series...
It is really something to see...
Saludos
Neil

Neil Schneider
neilschneider2@yahoo.es
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/People-And-Places_0/

Enviado desde Correo Yahoo! La bandeja de entrada m?s inteligente.

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] RE. New Series)