Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 22 08:37:34 2008

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> None of these pixels is real in the image as the optical rays hit the
> sensor.  They are "deduced" or "constructed" or "created".

True, yet the results can be a very good representation of reality, IMHO a
better approximation of what I see in the viewfinder than images based on
silver-halide grains.

Keep in mind the silver-halide grains are chemically deduced by the
developer from electron energy states, and in the case of color photos the
dyes are discrete colors that represent the continuous spectrum of
wavelengths in the original scene.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...)