Subject: [Leica] In the Lab
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu Jul 24 08:44:32 2008

> From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net>> Subject: Re: [Leica] In the Lab>
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>> Message-ID:
> <1FFAADD6-E277-46A6-BC09-A5FF82F43D31@cox.net>> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes> > > On Jul 23, 2008, at 12:18
> PM, Aram Langhans wrote:> > >> > I am working a few weeks this summer in
> Seattle at Fred Hutch > > teaching teachers biotechnology. Part of their
> experience is > > spending a week with actual reserachers in their labs
> doing what > > they are doing. A fun time is being had by all. Here are a
> few > > photos of the teachers I am responsible for working in their labs>
> >> >
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/sep2008/?g2_fromNavId=x58def38b> > >
> > that looks like fun Aram...> > very nice photos, capturing the intrigue
> and concentration of the lab...> > I hope you are enjoying it...> > > if
> those are the teachers, hold young/old do the students look?> > > Steve>

Thanks, Steve.  It is fun.  Yeah, they are really young this year.  I am in
charge of 4 teachers and their combined teaching experience is 5 years.  It
is almost like working with the HS kids as far as their social skills (not
the right phrase, but all I can think of).  Maybe maturity is a better term.
 Of course, they have way more knowledge.
I have been involved with SEP for 11 years, 4 as a lead teacher, and this is
the youngest crew overall I have seen.  Of the 24 teachers involved, only 4
have more than 5 years teaching experience.

Thanks for looking.
Aram