Subject: [Leica] Public Service Anouncement
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 24 13:28:23 2008

R. Clayton McKee <leica@rcmckee.com> wrote:

>Quoth the wildlightphoto@earthlink.net :
>
>> Yama Nawabi <mknawabi.lug@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If you wanted to cross a patch of land laden with poison ivy,
>> would one
>>> be safe with a pair of jeans tucked into some boots? Or would you
>> have
>>> to take any further precautions?
>>
>> A detour is best.
>

> According to some of the park rangers I know here, whitetailed deer
> (and possibly other species) are not sensitive to the oil in poison
> ivy and consider the tender leaves quite tasty.  Theoretically,
> therefore, if you could find a hungry whitetail to lead you through
> the ivy patch...--

As long as the deer doesn't stop eating.

Some people are not sensitive to the oil.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

Replies: Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Public Service Anouncement)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Public Service Anouncement)