Subject: [Leica] Leica d700 shipping (or so they say)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jul 28 13:54:44 2008

I have a 24 2.8 on my D40x body right now. In my side bag. A Lowepro -
SlingShot 100 AW.
I'll miss shooting with such a compact lightweight body but will enjoy
having such a compact real 24mm wide lens in front.
Instead of the bum of a 35mm lens it becomes now.
With the crop circle factor.

The next step of course is they come out with a 1X body with more attention
to compactness. Like the Olympus OM1.

I'm now going to check on the weight of the D700.
Why 700? Where did 700 come from? All does not seem right in the
numerological universe.

I've love this to be a Leica conversation.
For some thread of a thread of Leica DSLR news to be in the air.
But it just ain't so. We get ominous news instead of Leica abandoning the R.
And some baloney about a whole new format. All very much in the future.
The non now.
Ghostgear.

You can use that.

mark@rabinergroup.com