Subject: [Leica] IMG : Friday flower - Scarlet Pimpernel a.k.a. ShepherdsWeatherglass
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Jul 28 18:46:41 2008

It is an eye-catching shot. For Barney, I understand your comment on a crop.
Can you see though, a very classical and elegant composition in there, with
all of the elements contributing, as Graham has presented it? I love the
receding planes of blossom, green leaves behind, then the other bud behind
that. The horizontal OoF grey stem falls perfectly to divide his rectangle
too and other OoF lines all lead me around.
I hate Graham, I suspect that he is a warlock. Elements in nature seem to
line up to his unconscious command.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e