Subject: [Leica] Fwd: IMG model is not amused
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Jul 31 09:00:49 2008

Daniel,

>>Just came back from visiting my mother. The camera shop in her
neighborhood, La Grange (Chicago suburb) had a Leica IIIg on its shelf
and I couldn't resist.<<

Congrats! I couldn't have resisted either. I had a chance to buy a jewel
of a IIIg several years ago and I passed. Like you I went into a local
shop that just happened to have one.

It's one of those instances where I regret not going with my gut. My
heart said "Buy" while my logic said "Ponder some. It'll be there later
if you want it." I went back the next day and it was gone. Had I not
been so into digital at the time the story might have had a happier
ending :-)

I now have some SM CV lenses which makes the lost opportunity even more
painful. Classic film cameras have something that no modern digital
camera can compete with. It's not something you can put it into words.
Photographs, maybe.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Fwd: IMG model is not amused)