Subject: [Leica] visoflex
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Jul 31 17:10:34 2008

Just curious if you're speaking from experience Frank.

In my experience: the beauty of the visoflex in the bag is the weight
and size of the kit.
Carrying the M8, 28, 50 and Visoflex in a tiny, light bag and knowing
that I've got the macro covered, feels quite nice. Carrying the DMR/
R8, 28, and 60 macro (as a similar kit) is considerably larger and
heavier; not to mention that I wouldn't have the same speed (the R 28
2.8, 60 2.8 in contrast to the M 28 2, 50 1.4).

If I know that I'm going out to photograph Macro you're probably
right: DMR/R8 and 100 apo would be the choice. Yet if I'm moving very
far from the arsenal and I'm not sure what I'll be photographing out
there and want to travel light and small - then it's M8 and kit as
stated above.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com