Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica d700 shipping (or so they say)
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Aug 1 09:34:13 2008

Wedding photography helped me pay the bills a number of years ago. It
also allowed me to buy equipment that I wouldn't otherwise have bought.
That led to other types of photography which paid even more bills.

When I finally gave up wedding photography I was dumbfounded when people
called and offered to pay me even more -- sometime lots more -- than
what had been my standard rate. (I should have retired from it
sooner....and unretired....and retired).

The problem I had with weddings was that for every 10 that I did, 9 were
enjoyable and one, for various reasons, was a total pain. Once, the
bride was 7 months pregnant. She was slender and it was pretty obvious.
I was given strict orders by the bride's mother not to take any photos
showing her pregnant. Unfortunately that was before digital and the
"remove appearance of pregnancy" action in PS. VPS can't lie. I kept the
little ring bearer busy moving a few steps to the right or left.

The wedding that put me into retirement was such that I vowed never to
return. No amount of money could have made me unretire.

DaveR