Subject: [Leica] Retrieving a leader
From: mknawabi.lug at gmail.com (Yama Nawabi)
Date: Sun Aug 3 15:15:59 2008

Hello everyone,

A while back I was experimenting with rewinding a roll...but not
completely (I wanted to keep the leader outside of the cassette). I
failed, and accidently rewound the film the entire way. I think it's
been a good month and that roll of Tri-x @ 2000 w/ 22 frames had been
sitting on my desk until I had recently stumbled upon a genius way to
retrieve the leader without any 15$ metal tool.

What i had done was take a piece of film that had been left over from
when I developed another roll, licked it, sticked it inside the cassette
as far as it could go and then I twisted the little screw on the top of
the fully rewound cassette until it wouldnt go any further. I pulled out
the piece of film that I had licked, and guess what had come out with
it! The leader!

I was so excited.. this opens up the possibility of rewinding my films
and then putting in different speed films in the middle of a roll.

I swear, learning film was one of the best things that I have done for
myself. I had read for countless hours for months now, and the feeling
of self-fulfilment makes me feel so happy with myself.

Anyway, I have 3 rolls coming up within the next week or so, I'll keep
you guys posted!
:)

--
Yama Nawabi