Subject: [Leica] ACR 4.5 - sample custom M8 profile
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Aug 3 16:31:04 2008

Steve, I haven't been to the forum on this as yet. I didn't know about the
profile editor either. It's a very interesting and on topic umm topic
though. My understanding of the Adobe Raw Converter with PS (and LR) was
that individual profiles were not used in the same way as with Capture One,
for example. Jeff Schewe and Bruce Fraser's book Real World Camera Raw
explains that Thomas Knoll created two profiles for each supported camera
type shooting the GretagMacbeth (x-rite) Colorchecker target under D65 and
another light source. I noticed that generic profile for the M8 was updated
with ACR 4.4. They then go on to say that you can apply variations to that
with the Calibrate controls.

But I'd understood that specific profiles were only accurate for one
specific light condition and camera????
I have Capture One 4 as well. I must learn more on this. Thanks for raising
it here and be sure to post pictures or thoughts.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/