Subject: [Leica] Hybrid Photography
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Aug 3 23:38:40 2008

I converted some of Helen's ORF to DNG, and it saved space. Don't know if I
lost anything. When I convert Tiffs, they end up much larger, but seem to go
from 8 bit to 16 bit files. Can someone explain whats happening? I am
scanning my slides, and would prefer the files to end up around 10 to 20
megs, the size of my DMR M8 files, but they are coming in at around 50 megs
in Tiff.

cheers