Subject: [Leica] Experience with Apple?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue Aug 5 17:50:36 2008

Hi, Luis

Wish I could offer some technical insight.  I suspect it is a question of
what you are used to.  I had a PC built for Photoshop and it works well.  I
have some files around 1gb and everything happens pretty much instantly.  I
was going to buy my wife a new laptop and looked at a  Macbook since I had
read that they were more "friendly", but I could never see how it worked.
There were just little icons dancing around the screen.  I'm sure someone
used to a Mac would say the same thing about my PC.

Regarding monitors, I don't know about brilliant vs. matte.  I would just
get a 21" LCD like the digital Samsung 214T and a colorimeter and you should
be fine.  Personally, I find monitors larger than 21" not so good for
photography.  I use one 21" for the image and a second smaller monitor for
the Photoshop tools.

Ken
P.s. I had to get a new laptop (Lenovo with XP Pro) and was forced to
upgrade to Office 2007.  It works fine.  I couldn't find some menus, but my
training consisted of "if it is brown and it is round, hit it".  Then all
was well.  The only problem is that the Lenovo is maxed out at 4gb of RAM,
but by the time we are forced to switch to Vista or whatever, it will
probably be ready for an upgrade again.