Subject: [Leica] Slowly we learn, step by step, about the Nocti and the M8
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Aug 6 18:33:56 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 5:01 PM, Bill Larsen wrote:

> I am not terribly good at low light photography and I haven't
> mastered the intricacy of the M8 yet.  This picture was taken when
> it was so dark that I really couldn't see well enough to focus, much
> less walk without a flashlight.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill+Larsen/L1000580.jpg.html

a good start Bill...  just focus on the brightest/easiest thing to
focus on...the image at f1 usually is brighter than you remember, and
almost always is a surprise, as the lens is faster than your eye...

I am always amazed at how the Noct at f1 gives results much better
than anticipated...

even when the light comes from a single birthday candle...

Steve