Subject: [Leica] The Leica M8, from a DSLR User's Perspective... from B&H
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Thu Aug 7 06:19:27 2008

Hi All,

On Aug 5, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> (snip)
>
> People need to take their Yuban Coffee can 2.8 zooms and battery
> packs off
> their DSLR's and SLR's before they decide what the footprint is.
> Go out a and buy a 50mm or 35mm lens and put that on instead.
>
> That compact elegant glass is not just for Leica M's any more.

Right on, Mark! I just got the 25mm f2.8 (50mm equiv) prime from
Olympus. This on my "old" E-510 makes for a very compact and capable
carry-around for someone who grew up shooting a 50mm f3.5 Elmar,,,,

More primes, please, Oly! And kudos to Pentax for their nice selection
of well made primes.

Will von Dauster

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The Leica M8, from a DSLR User's Perspective... from B&H)