Subject: [Leica] Monitor Question
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Aug 8 06:17:45 2008

Jim you have had much good advice.  My 0.02 would be to evaluate just what
your needs are.  If you will be spending untold 12 hour days carefully
matching color on a video project then a large monitor from one of the
premium brands, Eizo, NEC, Sony, makes sense as they tend to hold their
balance and brightness longer closer to tolerance point.  On the other hand,
if you just need it to casually balance a few hours a week then get whatever
20-21 inch monitor is cheap and calibrate it.
I second the suggestion that you set up a two monitor setup.  Having
multiple tasks going in the background makes life very nice without having
all those nested window that you can't see.

Good luck and hope to see you when Mr. Lee has another meeting in New York.