Subject: [Leica] IMG: Corn Fields
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 9 18:03:19 2008

James R. Nelon <jnelon@netvigator.com> wrote:

> My wife and I lived in Hong Kong at the time and were
> appalled and shell shocked when we would occasionally return to the States
> to see the (in our opinion) the over-the-top consumption of goods. We still
> haven't become used to this lifestyle and will be returning to simpler
> roots
> in Asia in the next few months. And we'll probably remain there.

Jim, I applaud your view of the USA consumer culture and your desire to
leave it behind.  I suspect that, like Tina, I'll be rooted in the states
for a while by those who mean the most to me, my kids and  grandkids, but
this doesn't mean I have to fully participate in the consumer culture.  The
average US resident consumes far more than is good for him and he works too
hard to afford all the pointless stuff he buys.  What a ridiculous way of
life.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com