Subject: [Leica] Honduras Photos
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Aug 10 01:53:59 2008

Here in Spain, you can pick up special plastic envelopes at the post
office. You just stick your discarded phone into it, seal it and dump
it in any mailbox. I believe they end up with the Red Cross who
refurbish them and give them to people like those depicted in Tina's
photos.

Indeed, cellphones have made a huge difference in the lives of people
in 3rd world countries, much more than the much-hyped $200 laptop,
which would be of little or no use in a Honduran village without
electricity and no fixed telecoms infrastructure.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu