Subject: [Leica] Roadside Attractions in Darwin and Keeler
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Sun Aug 10 06:50:56 2008

Jerry wrote:
"Oliver,
How many of you remember when the was a real Owens Lake, and the Walker
River kept it full? See the movie "Chinatown" for the answers"

Jerry,
my first visit to the Eastern Sierra was circa 1960 (over the old Tioga road
in a Morris Minor) and I honestly don't remember the water level of Owens
Lake at that time. Over the last 30 years I have become very familiar with
the Eastside and the tragic history of the Owens Valley. AFAIK there are
efforts underway to divert some "Los Angeles" water to the lake in order to
reduce its high toxic dust levels.

Thanks for looking,
Oliver