Subject: [Leica] IMG: Antony
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Aug 10 06:59:19 2008

At 07:46 AM 8/10/2008, you wrote:
>Back from holidays Tina -
>A nice compostion it is.
>A question, have you exposed it such as you show it or have you
>"pushed" it in LR?
>The greens, the hat and the colour of the face make me think you have -
>right?
>Thanks for sharing
>Phx

Thanks, Philippe!  When I import photos into Lightroom, I do it with
a preset - all sharpening and noise reduction turned off (stock
agencies don't allow either), Auto exposure turned on, Clarity slider
on 20, Vibrance on 10.  Then I look at individual photos and almost
always reduce the contrast and brightness chosen by Auto. Then I
choose the White Balance - sometimes I like Daylight better than
Auto.  In this case I chose Daylight - that's probably what you're
seeing in the greens, hat and face, but Auto looked entirely too blue
to me.  The Clarity slider increases the contrast in the midtones and
I like Vibrance better than Saturation for giving a little punch.  That's it!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] IMG: Antony)