Subject: [Leica] OT visceral scream: I **hate** Adobe Updater
From: del at pscc.com (David E. Labovitz)
Date: Mon Aug 11 21:59:18 2008

Brian --

Adobe was at one time on the other side of the road.  It appears
that they've now grown much too large, hiring help from
Microsoft and, before that, IBM.  Seems to me that more and more
reasonable programming standards and principles are lost as time
marches on.  That said, I wonder who supervises and signs off on
the work of these folks.  Their design committee has obviously
outgrown its conference room.  And why do they go out of their
way to invent new and inferior, extremely forgettable methods of
doing things for which standard conventions already exist?

Dave.

On 8/11/08 at 11:39 PM, reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) wrote:

|The *#&^!^! Adobe Updater program *always* pops up at times
when I'm racing the clock. It
|doesn't know how to run in the background. It requires that you
exit the program whose launch
|triggered it in the first place. Even Windows Update is better
better better. I hope the
|programmer at Adobe who designed Adobe Updater gets ulcers and
has to retire early. Adobe knows