Subject: [Leica] Re:OT 3200 ASA on the Leica d700
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 12 22:00:44 2008

I have the 14 2.8 Nikor a huge bubble lens which takes gels at the back.
So no polarizer; the only filter I'd think of maybe using with digital is a
polarizer.. I may get adaptor for it for Leica M bodies.
These guys like Rockwell are saying the zoom is better at 14.
 I'd kill for that 14 to 24 zoom lens.
But I'm not going to kid myself into thinking its going to out perform my 14
at 14. Guys need to tell their wives that to justify the expense?

All the 14 has to do is do 14.
The zoom has to be all those other numbers. Its a bit much to ask.
Why do these people always do this?
Insist they're zooms outmode their fixed glass?

The 14 2.8 doesn't zoom. That's the only disadvantage.
Its not a 15mm lens. Nor 16. Nor 27. Nor 45.

It just does 14mm;
Extremely well.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner